Indigenous Peoples and Human Rights

November 26, 2007

Sacred Shellmound Walkers

Sacred Shellmound Walkers journeyed 120 miles this year in 6 days from Glen Cove to Emeryville, California:
http://orangechaz.smugmug.com/gallery/3880261/1#224904424
By Morning Star Gali
Hi Everybody!
Thank you for walking with us and honoring the ancestors of the Ohlone and Me-wuk Peoples, as well as the other ancestors who remain under Mother Earth or, sadly, under UC Berkeley and other institutions or otherwise removed from their sacred resting places. Here are a few pictures I took - (click on the URL above) There are several of our granddaughter (I couldn't help myself), and I know I didn't get everyone - Apologies to Kevin, Tomas, and Manny, among others, - Lee, I didn't see a photo of you either - but your help was greatly appreciated. I spent most of my time drumming, driving, or walking with our granddaughter - so I didn't take as many pictures as I now wish I had. A huge thank you to everyone who walked with us, fed us, housed us, met us along the way, vigiled with us, asked questions, gave answers, smiled at us, honked at us, or prayed for us to have a good journey. Your prayers were felt. Hopefully others, with more pictures, will share them also. I hope you find a picture or two that you enjoy.
Thank you one and all for your support. --The Sacred Shellmound Peace Walkers:
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2007/11/24/18463197.php?printable=true

No comments: